Last Updated October 19, 2021
Onward Solutions, Inc. (doing business as “Onward,” “we,” “us,” and/or “our”) values the privacy of individuals who use our expense-tracking software-as-a-service mobile application, website (the “Site”), and related services (collectively, the “Service”).
- PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We collect information that alone or in combination with other information in our possession could be used to identify you (“Personal Data”) as follows:
A. Personal Data You Provide to Us
Registration and Profile Information: We collect Personal Data when you register for an account, sign up for notifications or updates, or participate in our surveys. The Personal Data collected during these interactions may vary based on what you choose to share with us, but it will generally include first and last name, email address, child and co-parent names, co-parent phone number, shared expense details, such as expense descriptions, amounts, expense dates, associated receipts, notes, and photos, and other information entered during use of the Service.
Communications: If you contact us directly, we may receive additional Personal Data. For example, when you contact our Customer Support Team, we will receive your name, email address, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information you choose to provide. If you subscribe to our newsletter, then we will collect certain information from you, such as your name and email address. When we send you emails, we may track whether you open them to learn how to deliver a better customer experience and improve our Service.
Payment Information: If you make a purchase through our Services, your payment-related information, such as credit card or other financial information, is collected by our third party payment processor on our behalf.
B. Personal Data We Receive from Third Parties
Personal Data From App Stores: You will access the Service by first downloading the mobile application from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. We will receive Personal Data about you from the app store when you download the mobile application and sign up for the Service to include your email address.
Personal Data We Collect Through Our Social Media Pages: We have pages on social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn (“Social Media Pages”). When you interact with our Social Media Pages, we will collect Personal Data that you elect to provide to us, such as your profile information and your photo, contact details, and your use of the third party account. In addition, the companies that host our Social Media Pages may provide us with aggregate information and analytics regarding the use of our Social Media Pages.
C. Personal Data We Receive Automatically From Your Use of the Service
When you visit, use and interact with the Service, we may receive certain information about your visit, use or interactions. For example, we may monitor the number of people that visit the Service, peak hours of visits, which page(s) are visited, the domains our visitors come from (e.g., google.com, yahoo.com, etc.), which browsers people use to access the Service (e.g., Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.), broad geographical information, and how people navigate the Service. In particular, the following information is created and automatically logged in our systems:
● Log data: Information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Service (“log data”). Log data includes your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with the Service.
● Location Information: When you use the Service, we may infer your general location information, for example, by using your IP address.
● Device Information: We receive information about the device and software you use to access the Service, including IP address, operating system version, browser type, phone carrier and manufacturer, application installations, device identifiers, mobile advertising identifiers, and push notification tokens. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
● Usage Information: To help us understand how you use the Service, and to help us improve it, we automatically collect information about your interactions with our Service, such as the pages or types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, purchases you make, your comments, any content you post, and the date, time, frequency and duration of your activities.
On most web browsers, you will find a “help” section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive a notification when you are receiving a new cookie and how to turn cookies off. Please see the links below for guidance on how to modify your web browser’s settings on the most popular browsers:
● Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/internet-explorer-help-23360e49-9cd3-4dda-ba52-705336cc0de2
● Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/products/firefox
● Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome#topic=9796470
● Apple Safari: https://support.apple.com/safari
Please note that if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of the Service and you may not be able to benefit from the full functionality of the Site and Service.
Analytics: We use analytics services, including Google Analytics and others, to collect and process certain analytics data that helps us analyze how users use the Service and enhance your experience when you use the Service. These services may also collect information about your use of other websites, apps, and online resources. You can learn more about Google’s practices by visiting www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. about your interactions with our Service, like the pages or types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, purchases you make, your comments, any content you post, and the date, time, frequency and duration of your activities.
Do Not Track Signals:
- HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA
We may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
● To provide the Service, including our expense tracking functionality and data, related tools and reporting capabilities, and to customize and personalize your experience with the Onward app;
● To communicate with you, provide information you request, respond to your inquiries, comments, feedback or questions and otherwise provide customer support;
● To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Service, and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
● To provide you with updates and other information relating to our Service, including marketing materials about services and products available on our Service, as discussed further below;
● To analyze how you interact with our Service;
● To maintain and improve the content and functionality of the Service;
● To develop new products and services;
● To send you and your co-parent text messages, emails, and push notifications;
● To find and prevent fraud, criminal activity, or misuses of our Service, and to ensure the security of our IT systems, architecture and networks;
● To train our team members;
● To comply with legal obligations and legal process and to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or other third parties; and
● For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected.
Marketing. We may use your Personal Data to contact you to tell you about products or services we believe may be of interest to you. For instance, if you elect to provide your email or telephone number, we may use that information to send you special offers. You may opt out of receiving emails by following the instructions contained in each promotional email we send you or by opting out of or cancelling your subscription to the Service. In addition, if at any time you do not wish to receive future marketing communications, you may contact us. If you unsubscribe from our marketing lists, you will no longer receive marketing communications, but we will continue to contact you regarding management of your account, other administrative matters, and to respond to your requests. We do not rent, sell, or share your Personal Data with nonaffiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes, unless we have your permission
- SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
We may share your Personal Data with third parties as set forth below:
● Vendors and Service Providers: To assist us in meeting business operations needs and to perform certain services and functions, we may share Personal Data with vendors and service providers, including providers of hosting services, cloud services and other information technology services providers, event management services, email communication software and email newsletter services, advertising and marketing services, payment processors, order fulfillment services, customer relationship management and customer support services, and web analytics services (for more details on the third parties that place cookies through the Site, please see the “Cookies and Similar Technologies” section above).
● Analytics Partners: We use analytics services, such as Google and Amplitude, to collect and process certain analytics data (for more information, including information on how to opt out, please see the “Analytics” section above).
● Advertising Partners: We work with third party advertising partners to show you ads that we think may interest you. Some of our advertising partners are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (https://optout.networkadvertising.org) or the Digital Advertising Alliance (https://optout.aboutads.info). If you do not wish to receive personalized ads, please visit their opt-out pages to learn about how you may opt out of receiving web-based personalized ads from member companies. You can access any settings offered by your mobile operating system to limit ad tracking, or you can install the AppChoices mobile app to learn more about how you may opt out of personalized ads in mobile apps.
● Legal Requirements: We may access, preserve, and disclose your information if we believe doing so is required by law or appropriate to (i) comply with a legal obligation, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (ii) comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (iii) respond to your requests; (iv) protect and defend your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety; (v) prevent fraud; or (vi) protect against legal liability.
● Consent. We may also disclose your Personal Data with your permission.
- DATA RETENTION
- UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION
Please log in to your account or contact us if you need to change or correct your Personal Data.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
You use the Service at your own risk. We implement commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and organizational measures to protect Personal Data both online and offline from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. However, as no electronic transmission or storage of information can be entirely secure or error free, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your information. In particular, e-mail sent to or from us may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via the Service or e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to Onward via the Internet. In addition, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Service, or third party websites.
- INTERNATIONAL USERS
The Service is hosted in the United States and intended for and marketed to users located within the United States. If you choose to use the Service from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Service. By providing any information, including Personal Data, on or to the Service, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
- YOUR CHOICES
In certain circumstances providing Personal Data is optional. However, if you choose not to provide Personal Data that is needed to use some features of our Service, you may be unable to use those features.
- CONTACT US
Onward Solutions, Inc.
2219 Main St
Santa Monica, CA 90405